Friday, December 18, 2009

Doing Housework



`Ask your children to help doing housework during the weekends.' Kim said in smiling face.

I was not so encouraging. One 7, the other 9 autistic. They need my attention so much; washing backside after passing motion, cleaning after eating, tidy-up...
In fact, for the pass 2 months, Kim (or rather boss set-up that way) helped me to established a pattern of finishing task; where I break-down my works in smaller pieces, so that she could help in some ways. After a while, she could even handle selected tasks with minimum supervision. If she could stay longer in our office, she may be more independence, she has not trained to do architecture works before.

So I use the same principle on my children, I asked SL to throw rubbish, help to wash SX's backside (he finds it funny and happy to do so). This not only reducing my stress to choose a specific time, just to sit down with him, doing boring worksheet; also reducing his stress of not doing anything but `eheheh...' all the time. One stone kills 2 birds.

Children are capable, just trust them to do `real' works, productive works, you'll appreciate their helps.

No comments:

SL's Art works with teacher Yow

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Art Work. Make your own badge here.

从小树里看上去,好像我的心情;对未来的无可预测,对生命的无可掌控

从小树里看上去,好像我的心情;对未来的无可预测,对生命的无可掌控
希望,信心,明朗,欢欣